Monday, June 1, 2009

Pop: Crushing on Rashida



Husband and I took ourselves off to the movies yesterday and wound up watching I Love You, Man, which is not utterly detestable. Actually, I laughed out loud. At fart jokes. I was in a silly mood.


Coincidentally, while the subject matter is bromance, I developed a girl crush on the female lead, Rashida Jones, and her cute wardrobe of cardigans, shrunken tees, yellow blouses and jeans. Oh, and the wedding frock. If I were to get married again, I'd model it on hers.


Not since Audrey Tautou in Priceless and Kate Hudson in How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days have I been quite so influenced by the fashion aesthetic of a modern film. Mind you, I'm a simple jeans-and-tee girl (with a satchel) with a few surf-label tees to my name. I own one D&G frock: couture I am not.


But it was also Rashida's wholesome look (not starving!) and sunny smile that got me thinking, "This is a girl I could hang out with. She looks like fun. Let's go shopping!". How refreshing to see a new face on the rom-com scene whose name isn't Jennifer, Jessica or Kate.

Yours truly,

Girl With a Satchel

No comments:

Post a Comment