Monday, June 1, 2009

Make Up For Ever Star Powder

I had been too busy to do much for the past months and I needed a break before going back to face the renovation that's yet to finish... Sigh...


Anyway, I will have access to Internet but not to my stash, apparently. However, I've brought samples (and also few full sized products) to try and use.

As for now, here is my most recently updated MAC Pigments Collection. I lied when I said I should swap some away and I lied when I said I should just stick to Make Up For Ever Star Powder. We are liking a lot of MAC Pigments now! So shoot me!


MAC Pigments - Full Size





Just the new additions...

Tan

This is just as the name suggested, a very warm dark beige with red undertone. It is a bridging colour for me. Meaning: too pigmented as highlighter but not deep enough in the crease/liner. Nevertheless, I still adore this colour. :)


Azreal Blue

A light shimmery light blue that's the cross breed of sky blue and turquoise. It serves as a bridging colour for me as well.


Provence

This is very close to my skin tone so I like it as a highlighter for many things. And it's only lightly shimmered so I find it versatile.


Golder's Green

This is a fresh, lively golden green. It works well with golds and brown for me.



Sunpepper

This is a stunning reddish copper and brown mixed in one. However, it looks cooler than warm so I have the feeling there is purple too. I don't even think I describe it properly but this swatch is rather accurate. It's most gritty in comparison so it requires a little bit more work. Otherwise, it's rather unique. A good combination for this is actually a gray or a silver! Weird huh?



Apricot Pink

This is a warm pink. Not only on the eyelids but it's also good on the cheeks, provided you use it lightly.




Teal- sample size

This is a warm green blue. More green than blue. The colour looks a lot darker in the container but when swatched, it is an amazing bright colour. It will be great as a striking liner too.



Dark Soul -sample size

This is a matte black with silver shimmers. I think the name suits it well. A cool smoky must-have.


Steel Blue - sample size

This is an interesting mix of blue and steel (gray???) I have not tried a pigment this colour in the past. It is sheerer than how it appears in the container. A good colour for smoky eyes if you use a dark gray or black. It is also good as a liner alone.



Violet - sample size

I have been told this is one of the must-haves for browns eyes. I think I know why! It is a vivid purple with only slight hint of blue. An eye-catching colour. And purple is my favourite shade for eyes!


Pink Opal - sample size

This colour looks yellowish but swatched pinkish. I'd use it as a highlighter with a pink or a cool mauve or even a silver gray.



Naked - sample size

Despite of its boring look, this is quite an useful colour. It can be a highlighter on lids and cheeks both as it's almost invisible but adds a little bit of shimmers. When used more, it looks a little warm and almost peachy.


Goldern Olive - sample size

This colour looks a lot darker than Golder's Green but when swatched I find them are not too different. This has a tad of brown (khaki) while Golder's Green has hint of gold (yellow). Therefore, this is more muted in comparison.



Shimmer Time - sample size

This looks rather peachy in the jar but once swatched, it's a warm whitish peach. Other than on the eyelids as a highlighter, I think it's also suitable for dusting over a dull matte finish blush colour to bring up a glowy effect.





And these are the older stuff...

















No comments:

Post a Comment